BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mzungu Mzungu!

I'm in Africa!!! It is so amazing. I LOVE IT! I have so much to say I don't even know where to start. The plane rides here were long but surprisingly not too bad. We had a 14 hour layover in London so Me, Megan, Katelynn, Cecily and Kyle went out into the city for the day. By that point, we hadn't slept in a LONG time and we were starting to get a little loopy you could say. But we used the tube and got to all the places we wanted to see! (no thanks to my navigational skills of course). We even had a nice little nap on the grass in front of Westminster Abbey. It was great! We then flew on to Kenya and I slept great for the majority of the way there. We got off the plane and it was warm and bugs were all over the ground! Haha huge moths just flopping around. Awesome. Unfortunately I needed to take my malaria pill but hadn't eaten any food or water for a while. This resulted in a bout of nausea that remained for the duration of my flight to Uganda. But all is well, nothing embarrassing happened luckily! Our country director Nicole picked us up at the airport. UGANDA IS BEAUTIFUL. It is so green and I feel like I'm on a tropical island. We had a two hour drive from Entebbe to Mukono. We'll be living in Lugazi with our team but our house isn't done being renovated yet. The Mukono team's flight was canceled yesterday to Uganda so we had the house to ourselves. I don't know what I was expecting but the house is quite primitive. But cool! The floors are dark red cement and we took a bucket shower outside :) Fun stuff! We were dilerious from lack of sleep and just walked around town since it was afternoon. Everyone stares at us and all the children wave and run up and hold our hands as we walk down the street. The internet cafe I'm in is open air and has five computers. It goes VERY slow. Yesterday I met a man named Elijah and he told me about how God has a plan for us all and he knows God meant for him to meet us that day. He was awesome! Gotta go I'll write more later! Mzungu means white person and everyone yells that at us as we walk by! Love you all!

0 comments: